Prevention SustainAbilities: Understanding the Basics
Interactive, self-paced course provides an overview of sustainability within the context of prevention— including how it’s defined, different sustainability approaches, and factors that contribute to success. It is appropriate for practitioners working at both the state and local levels.
Use the coupon code DiscountDec2020 for 20% off until December 31.
Audience: Prevention practitioners working at the state level or in communities
Course Length: 2 hours
Certification: This course has been endorsed by the International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC). Individuals who receive a passing grade on the course self-assessment (80% correct) will receive a certificate for 2 hours of participation.
This training has also been approved by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) to satisfy CASAC renewal requirements and CPP/CPS initial/renewal credentialing requirements.
Education Development Center is a NADAAC-approved vendor.
Length of Access: Registered participants will have access to course materials for 30 days from date of purchase.
- Define sustainability within the context of prevention.
- Describe the importance of sustaining both effective prevention processes and interventions.
- Identify three ways to sustain effective prevention practices at the local level.
- Identify three sustainability keys to success.
- Define and describe an effective sustainability planning process.
- Module 1: What is Sustainability? explores the meaning of sustainability in the context of prevention and how the concept of sustainability can be integrated into each step of SAMHSA’s Strategic Prevention Framework.
- Module 2: What to Sustain? highlights the importance of sustaining both prevention processes and prevention outcomes, and looks at what comprises each.
- Module 3: Sustainability Approaches leads participants through three sustainability approaches: adoption, guidelines and norms, and revenue and resources.
- Module 4: Keys to Success introduces the three keys to sustainability success: effectiveness, internal capacity, and community support.
- Module 5: Sustainability Planning provides an overview of key planning tasks: prioritizing prevention approaches, selecting sustainability approaches, and developing a communications plan.